Cranford Police Department  

Office of Township Clerk

Tara Rowley
Township Clerk

Heather Capone
Deputy Township Clerk


The Township Clerk serves as the secretary of the municipal corporation, as local election administrator and secretary to the governing body providing a variety of administrative and community relations services. The office receives, distributes and assigns all correspondence on behalf of the Mayor and Council, prepares Council meeting agendas, resolutions, ordinances and public meeting minutes and maintains the official municipal files and records.

Frequently Asked Questions

Open public records act

Q. How do I file a request for public records (OPRA)?
A. Click here for OPRA request forms. If emailing request form, please direct to  

Q. When are Township Committee meetings held? 
A. The Township Committee meets the 2nd and 4th Monday and Tuesday of each month, with some exceptions.  Click here for current meeting schedule.

Q. How can I contact the Township Committee?
A. Click here for contact information for the Township Committee.

Q. How do I obtain a copy of an ordinance?
A. The Code of the Township of Cranford includes all ordinances in effect for the Township.
To view the Township Code, click here.

Q. Do I need a permit for a garage sale?
A. A permit for a garage sale is not required however registration with the Police Department is required, at no fee. Click here for registration form.

Q. How do I register to vote?
A. To register to vote, change your address, or change your name, you must complete a voter registration application and mail to the Union County Commissioner of Registration, 271 North Broad Street, FL 2, Elizabeth, NJ 07208-9867. Click here for application.

Q. Where do I vote?
A. Click here for polling locations.

Q. How do I obtain a Social Affairs Permit (One Day Liquor License)?
A. Click here for Social Affairs Permit application.

Q. How do I obtain a Raffle License?
A. To obtain a Raffle License, your organization must register with the Legalized Games of  Chance Control Commission. Click here for information.

Once your organization is registered with the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission, you must file an application for a Raffle License with the municipality in which the raffle will be conducted. Click here for Application for Raffle.